Project Architect | Minneapolis, MN
Do you enjoy people? Is the word “service” in your DNA? Are you a “driven” individual to be at your best for clients? Do you believe relationships are everything?
At HTG Architects, everything we do begins with serving our clients and creating long-lasting relationships. We provide Solutions that make a Difference. Every client has a unique situation; our job is to help them. We are more than architects. We coordinate all aspects of a project.
Come join our team. We are currently seeking a full-time Project Architect to be a respected member of the project team in our Minneapolis office, participating in a wide variety of project and office related activities. This position requires a friendly, reliable, detail orientated, hard-worker who will strive to do their best on every task they do. We value driven employees who will “listen” and “learn” with a humbled confidence to accommodate client’s needs and who can effectively communicate with team members to meet those client requests.
- Documentation of the project from concept and schematic design through construction documentation and detailing
- Organization and coordination of all construction documents (drawings & specifications)
- Client and Consultant coordination
- Research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications
- Implementation of all local, state and federal applicable building codes, constructability and architectural standards of practice in Midwest region.
- Site observations and site inventory documentation
- Participate in all aspects of construction administration related activities (in office & on site)
- Lead / Mentor production staff
- Exceptional people skills: You must enjoy people
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Develop strong and loyal client relationships that will generate repeat work
- Monitor internal A&E project schedules and budgets
- Driven individual with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be an authentic and humble individual who has the drive to develop relationships
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit required
- Sketchup and Rendering experience a plus
- Sound technical detailing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal people skills required
- LEED AP or LEED BD+C credential a plus
- On site field construction administration experience on at least 5 projects over $2 million in construction costs
- In office construction administration experience on at least 10 projects
- Licensed to practice Architecture and a Registered Architect preferably in the state of ND or MN, for minimum of 5 years
- 6-10 years of experience in Commercial Architecture projects (preferred in some of the types below):
- Financial Projects (Banks / Credit Unions)
- Recreation Facilities (Ice Arena, Multi-use court facilities, Air supported dome and fitness facilities, etc.)
- Government Center / Corporate Office Buildings
- Office / Warehouse buildings
- Light Industrial & Manufacturing facilities
- Tenant improvement projects (office, retail, restaurants)
- Native American focused projects
- Medical Office Buildings or Outpatient Medical clinics
- Religious Facilities
About HTG Architects:
HTG was established in 1959 and founded on exceptional customer service. 80% of what we do revolves around people and 20% is about architecture. We provide exceptional customer service while providing solutions that make a difference on a variety of commercial projects. Our core values are: we Serve, we Listen, we Learn, we Energize and we Invest in Relationships. HTG has offices in Minneapolis, MN and Bismarck, ND, but we have projects from coast to coast.
HTG offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package includes all of the standards: 401(K) plan, pre-tax Flexible Spending and Health Saving Accounts, dental, eye, short and long term disability, life insurance coverage, paid time off and holidays.
If you feel this position is a career opportunity matching your personality and abilities, please submit your resume for our consideration.