Technical Architect / Spec Writer | Minneapolis, MN
Posted September 15, 2021
Do you enjoy people? Is the word “service” in your DNA? Are you a “driven” individual to be at your best for clients? Do you believe relationships are everything?
At HTG Architects, everything we do begins with serving our clients and creating long-lasting relationships. We provide Solutions that make a Difference. Every client has a unique situation; our job is to help them. We are more than architects. We coordinate all aspects of a project.
Come join our team. We are currently seeking a full-time Technical Architect / Specification Writer to be a respected member of the project team in our Minneapolis, MN office, participating in a wide variety of project and office related activities. This position requires a friendly, reliable, detail oriented, hard worker who will strive to do their best on every task they do. We value driven employees who will “listen” and “learn” with humble confidence to accommodate client’s needs and who can effectively communicate with team members to meet those client requests.
- Proficiency in Technical Architectural Specifications Development & Project Manual creation
- High level of accuracy for Code Analysis & Reviews
- Excellent Quality Control Reviews
- Building Envelope Detailing
- Research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications
- Implementation of all local, state and federal applicable building codes, along with a deep understanding of constructability and architectural standards of practice in Midwest region
- Lead / Mentor production staff
- Manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Solution focused design skills
- Professional communication and writing skills
- Exceptional interpersonal people skills required
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Licensed to practice Architecture and a Registered Architect in State of MN for minimum of 5 years
- 5-10 years of Project Architect experience in Commercial Architecture projects with experience in at least three of these project types:
- Financial Project (Banks / Credit Unions)
- Recreation Facilities (Ice Arena, Air supported dome and fitness facilities)
- Cultural Center / Visitor Center / Museum facilities
- Office / Warehouse buildings
- Light Industrial & Manufacturing facilities
- Tenant improvement projects (office, retail, restaurants)
- Native American focused projects
- Medical Office Buildings or Outpatient Medical clinics
- On site field construction administration experience on at least 5 projects over $3 million in construction costs
- In office construction administration experience on at least 10 projects
- Proficiency in BSD SpecLink-Cloud plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- LEED AP or LEED BD+C credential a plus
About HTG Architects:
HTG was established in 1959 and founded on exceptional customer service. 80% of what we do revolves around people and 20% is about architecture. We provide exceptional customer service while providing solutions that make a difference on a variety of commercial projects. Our core values are: we Serve, we Listen, we Learn, we Energize and we Invest in Relationships. HTG has offices in Minneapolis, MN and Bismarck, ND, but we have projects from coast to coast.
HTG offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package includes all of the standards: 401(K) plan, pre-tax Flexible Spending and Health Saving Accounts, dental, eye, short and long term disability, life insurance coverage, paid time off and holidays.
If you feel this position is a career opportunity matching your personality and abilities, please submit your resume for our consideration.